Sunday, November 16, 2014

Easy version of Chicken and Mushroom Risotto

I guess I do not miss Asian food as much at the moment as most of my cooking are of international cuisine. Not yet, just not yet. Malaysian restaurants here can be disappointing at times and someday I will have to cook my own malaysian food.


First attempt of risotto and anything with cheese is just unbeatable.

Ingredients:

Onion
Chicken (boneless, skinless)
Field mushroom or swiss mushroom
Risotto rice
Chicken stock/water (liquid)
Grated parmesan cheese
Butter
Mixed herbs
Salt and pepper for seasoning
A heavy base pot


  1. Fry onion and diced chicken.
  2. Add in field mushrooms and cook until soft.
  3. Risotto rice in the pot. Liquid: rice= 2:1
  4. Bring to boil and simmer with a lid on with the mixed herbs.
  5. Add a bit more liquid if the rice is undercooked.
  6. Then parmesan and a tablespoon of butter.
  7. Ready to serve.