Tuesday, November 4, 2014

A new beginning!

It has been awhile since I last blog. I had to delete all the posts which I had them for more than 4 years. They were part of me but I would like to start something new and to have something more mature to show you guys.

I have traveled quite a far bit since I last left Brisbane after I graduated. I also get the chance to taste wonder Asian food all these time. Singapore is a good place to try different local and international cuisine but I am also after something more authentic and exciting. Street food is always the best food you can find in the world. As a real foodie, when it comes to good yummy food, safe and hygienic handling skills might not be the 1st priority. =) Not for the weak tummies!

The tanginess, the spicies that numb your whole scalp and make you sweat; the combination of fresh mango with the sweet and savoury sticky rice in Bangkok; the flavoursome stock with thinly sliced beef; fried eel with rice noodles and the sweet coffee custard drink in Hanoi. The stinky tofu from Taiwan became my favourite Taiwanese food so far. The custard cake along the street in Seoul with the sweet eggy fragrance. All those sweet memories of good food and good company. I am drooling, I am telling you!!

Mango with sticky rice

Baguette that I can never forget, Sapa, Hanoi 
Fried eel noodles in Hanoi

Stinky tofu in Taipei


Other than enjoying good food, I also like to try different recipes and each of them come with stories and people for me to remember. Stay in tune for some experiment that I had or I will be having in the kitchen!!